Whats the difference???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDtbawab6634n63

Baseband Member
What's the difference between the AMD 64 athlon 3000+ and the AMD 64 athlon "venice core" 3000+

They're so close in price that it doesn't matter, so which one should I get, P.S its socket 939 and don't say get the 3500+ or 3200+ cause it's either 1 of these...

noone knows the difference between 3000+ (lets call this normal) and venice core 3000+ (lets call this venice)

What's the differnce between normal and venice?

Clawhammer = first core revision, 130nm die szie
Newcastle = second core revision, 130nm die size
Winchester = third core revision, 90nm die size
Venice = fourth core revision, 90nm die size

each one improves on the last
the Venice core is able to run at higher frequencies than all the previous cores. but that means overclocking though.

Thanks, does this just mean that I can overclock higher? Or is there another benifet?

In other words should I get the normal or the venice, I to intend to overclock but not to anywhere above 2-2.2 ghz...

OK heres the deal.

I'm going to get
AMD athlon (64) 3000+
GA-K8N-SLI Motherboard
256mb 6600gt

Any objections/past experiences?

Please give me some closure, I'm upgrading this saturday...btw stuff the venice core, i don't need.

how about some links to what you are looking at? i could almost guarantee you are looking at the venice core at two different places. get the dang venice core, there is no reason not to. if you were looking at the previous core versions there are a few negatives. they run hotter and they lack some of the instruction sets the venice has are the key points

SDtbawab6634n63 said:
OK heres the deal.

I'm going to get
AMD athlon (64) 3000+
GA-K8N-SLI Motherboard
256mb 6600gt

Any objections/past experiences?

Please give me some closure, I'm upgrading this saturday...btw stuff the venice core, i don't need.
I'd recommend you get an MSI K8N Neo4-F instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom