microphone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techinsta

Beta member
I'm having problem getting my microphone to work correctly. This could be a driver or a hardware issue, but I'm not sure which. First of all, I tested that my mic work with sound recorder, so no problem there. The thing is I don't want to record it, and then play it. Pretty much, I just watn to be able to hear my voice when I say something to my microphone whenever I use windows media player. I have a sony laptop that play back what I just said to my speaker using my microphone regardless of any program. The purpose here is for me to be able to sing. What've found out is that there's no Microphne section in the Volume Control. My sony laptop has the Microphone section in the Volume Control and I can hear voice as I say things. Currently, my laptop is a dell d620 with Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio driver. I already contacted dell and they say that this issue is out of the warranty. Does anyone know how, if possible, fix this problem? any help would be much appreciated.

apokalipse said:
start -> run
type and run "sndvol32" (without the quotes)
go to options -> properties
check "microphone"
unmute the microphone from there

The thing is there's a microphone option where I can just check. I only have Line In, External Mic, and Internal Mic for voice device and they don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom