How high does the cpu multiplier on a dfi lanparty go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I bought a Asus A8N-E motherboard because I heard that it was as good as a dfi but I found that the multiplier only goes to 9x. I need a higher multiplier since my ram can't handle a fsb over 220 and my amd64 3000 is only hitting 45c. So does a dfi go higher because if it does I regret my decision.

No offense taken. I actually thought that might be the case but I wrote my thread when I was half asleep so I most of forgot to say "or do they all".
This is my first amd64 OC but I've read probably 10 guides by now when I was figuring out which mobo to get. Oddly enough I do not recall ever seeing that you can't go pass 9x. Is the 9x on the 3000 and not the 3200? Because the guide on this forum they show a 3200 with a multiplier of 10x.

No fear, you can still use the CPU:RAM dividers to OC further, since for AMD at least, what really matters for the memory and processor is the raw CPU clock (higher the better), and the RAM timings. The actual bandwith of the memory really isn't as significant as those two things, and should be sacrificed to obtain those two things.

Brtnboarder495 said:
No fear, you can still use the CPU:RAM dividers to OC further, since for AMD at least, what really matters for the memory and processor is the raw CPU clock (higher the better), and the RAM timings. The actual bandwith of the memory really isn't as significant as those two things, and should be sacrificed to obtain those two things.

Yeah that has helped a lot. At first I thought I didn't have cpu:ram divider but then I figured out that they just express it as ram speed and not a % or ratio:)

So far guys I got it running completly stable at a 5/4 or 4/5 (not sure how you express it.) cpu:ram ratio. fsb is set to 260 and ram comes out to 216.45. So my cpu is clocked at 2.35ghz right now at 48c under load :D
I can't run anything over 220 on the ram, not even 220.5. So I was thinking I would lower the ratio again and bump the fsb a bit and then I could maybe run tighting timings on the ram since it will be running slower than stock. and hopefully hit 2.5ghz. I'm thinking I might make it since my temps are the same at 2.1 and 2.35 with the vcore set to auto and running about 1.5.
Does anybody have suggestions on vcore and what I should set it to for 2.35ghz? Or any other suggestions?
And does anyone know the stock fan speed max? Its running around 4250 now, and about 3600 before I OC'd.

FXs come with their mutipliers unlocked though...right?

Last time I checked they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom