What's the difference between "Gaming PCs" and others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confuzzled

Beta member
I've been pulling out my hair compairing different PCs and I'm utterly confused about what's what. I'm under the impression that HPs are built more towards photography and such? I dont really get it. Lol. Maybe that's why I'm confused? Anyways, to get to the bottom line...

Is there really a difference between Compaqs, VAIOs, HPs, eMachines, and whatever else is out there?

I've been asking a few questions about Integrated Graphics and such. I'm mainly getting answers about future upgrading needs, but I'm not that computer savvy to upgrade something myself. XD I'm not looking to spend a fortune either. I basically have an idea of what I need to get for my basic needs.

Basically what I'm really asking is:

Can I just buy any computer to play games? and What makes a difference between a gaming PC and other PCs?

A "gaming PC" is specifically built for gaming; in other words, it has a good graphics card, powerful CPU, and enough RAM to be able to play today's games at good speeds.

Prebuilts, or the ones you are referring to at least, are normally targeted to the average consumer, who doesn't care about how many FPS they can get playing BF2. So these computers will not be able to withstand gaming as well, and in some cases, they just won't at all.

Gaming are mostly top of the line.Its like comparing a Mini-van to a Sports car.The mini-van has practicality but isnt For performance when the sports car is insanly fast and gets you there in style Via UV LED's, Side Windows, 21"LCD's, SLI, 2 Gigs, all the HDD space you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom