Ending unnecessary processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthetic

Baseband Member
Right now my CPU is running 40 processes. I don't even know what half of these are. I was wondering if there is any kind of tool, or reference that somehow gets rid of a lot of these background running processes that you don't need. I was under the impression that there were ways to get rid of these processes in order to boost system performance.

Any thoughts?

if you are unsure about certain processes, Google them, and see what it says. 99% of the time, a website called "liutilities" will pop up as the first listing, and tell you whether if its a virus, spyware, etc.

talldude123 said:
if you are unsure about certain processes, Google them, and see what it says. 99% of the time, a website called "liutilities" will pop up as the first listing, and tell you whether if its a virus, spyware, etc.
I took your advice and did just that. I found a couple of my processes are viruses/trojans/spyware blah blah. I am trying to end these processes, but the task manager says that it cannot end these processes because they are critical system processes.

Is there any way around this? And how do i prevent these types of processes from running? I am using WebRoot Spysweeper, and Trend Micro PC Cillin Anti-virus. I figured that those two programs would protect me, but clearly that isn't the case.

Any help?

CC Cleaner hasn't taken care of my virus issue.

lsass.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe

these are the three processes that i need to get rid of, but i can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom