older Epson printer...keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I have an old Epson Stylus printer, well not that old, it still uses USB, probably about 4-5 years old.

I saw it in my garage, collecting dust/cobwebs, and wondered if its worth the money to buy ink for this beast. Chances are stores wont have ink for it, and it will guzzle ink, since its EPSON.

I have enough money now to buy an all-in-one or small photo printer, but should i just re-use this old thing, with new ink?

Heres the specs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004Y7KT/002-9739108-0527244?v=glance&n=172282

I would say that several older printers are good enough to be reused, but it really depends on the model number. If you could tell me that, I could look up information about the printer, and tell you whether it is inefficiant enought to warrent buying a new printer. I know some black and white printers from 15 years ago that people still use, and have no complaints. It really depends on the specific printer.

epson stylus color 777.

costed $250 new, and used ones on Amazon are $230?

When i used it, it was noisy, but really got the job done pretty fast...

I'll check on some ink for it, thx!

Oops. I didn't see that Amazon link you had posted earlier. I think that it doesn't look like an ink guzzler, and as long as aren't a very high-volume document printer, you should be fine. It seems like pretty good quality, too. Epson is really good about providing support for their old printers. I have purchased ink cartrages for some friends old Epson ActionPrinter 5000. To give you an idea how old that is, the driver for that printer comes with Lotus 1-2-3, version 2.2 for DOS.

Well, in printers here in the US, the average for ink cartrages is about USD $20-$35 dollars for Inkjet cartrages, even more for newer printers. If you want cheaper ones, you'll probably have to go with a really old printer, or a very poorly designed one. Laser cartrages are way more expensive, but they last a lot longer. If the average price of cartrages for printers in your country is lower, then perhaps you should get one there.

forgot to say:

the only printing i do is for people that need help with PC's (mostly tutorials/stuff off tech-forums). That wouldnt use alot of ink?

Well, in that case, you wouldn't be printing any photos or need color, right? I would say you should try to find an older black and white printer, made around 1998, maybe a little later. You probably don't need volume printing, and a black and white will save you money on ink. The newer ones have more expensive carts, but they print faster. The older ones are less expensive, but print slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom