is this normal for my configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
This is my first time posting. I have read hundreds of posts though and it helps alot. I've read many topics on "is this normal", but I just want to make sure that I am not doing any damage to my computer.
I have a Pentium 4 630 HT on a ECS RS-400 A mobo.
My cpu temp is 28c ~ 32c (no load)
But what concerns me is that the temp on load is around 40c ~ 42c.
I don't know is this normal but to me its very hot. But as i read other post, people report up to 60c and thats amazing.
Second, my hard drive, Maxtor 6L300R0, has temps of around 38c.
and third, my fan is spotless, but as I've seen in other fans, the RPM doesn't reach up to 4500.
So if anyone can help me, that would be great. Also if there are any suggestions, it would help.

you should be gratefull that you have those temps with an Intel cpu. And your hdd isnt too bad, Im not sure how hot they can get, but my guess would be ~50C before you have issues with it. If you're over-paranoid, just get a $15 hdd cooler.

my "idling" temp is about 36, when the cpu starts to rev and run something like photoshop or autocad, it peaks at about 42, then settles to about 38ish.

i think you're ok at 42 on load.

That's an excellent temp for that CPU. Hard drive is fine aswell, you have nothing to worry about:)

Wow u have a P4 Prescott and temps are that low! i wish my P4 ran that cool. Dont be concerned about ur CPU temps, Prescotts can get up to 60C and still be good. Mine is like 55C on full-load. You should def. OC that baby. you could get a cheap HD cooler for ur HD or do wut i did and mount fans in the front of the case and put the HD in front of them.... works for me.

I had a celeron d (Prescott core) stock clock @ 2.5 and OC'd to 2.8 stable. OC'd temps were roughly 45C idle and 58~60C under load, I had aftermarket cooling, case fans all over the place, and a COLD house (my furnace broke down halfway through the winter). Everything worked fine together till I parted it out to build computers for a couple of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom