What is the diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
ok what is the difference

:SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon 9600 256MB DDR AGP8X TVO (RETAIL)
$153

:ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DDR AGP8X TV/DVI (Retail Box) $199

For 50$ less i could get saphire 9600 with 256? compared to 128? are saphires crappy or something?
(These prices are canadian)

Theyre based on a completely different chipset and the XT has MAJOR changes in the 3D acceleration area. Theres a reason the XT costs more. Its a better card, despite the memory config.

I would never recommend the 9600 to anyone. The 9600XT? Any day.

Ok so your saying i should just go and spend the money....oh well at least it comes with half-life 2... wich i was going to buy anyways for 50$ so that would have made it 200$ so i guess it worth getting XT

Yeah. and I believe you will enjoy the better performance. The 9600XT was rated the top vid card for your money on TechTV last year.

Wow well thanks for helping me make my mind. For some reason bestbuy.com is the cheapest place (canadian) I havn't found it for less then 199$ canadian! And it has free shipping

Wouldn't it be better to spend another 25 dollars and buy a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro TV/DVI 128 mb?

True_Orb said:
Wouldn't it be better to spend another 25 dollars and buy a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro TV/DVI 128 mb?

I would, though the XT comes with a OCing device, if your into that stuff:p Then with Powestrip you can OC the 9800 Pro to 9800XT levels:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom