Two Seperate Internet Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotis

Solid State Member
I have two Connections, Sympatico and Cogeco. Cogeco goes threw a router and gives me a local ip. Sympatico doesn't and i get an external one.
I want to have the Sympatico account blocked off from my computer except for azureus, which has a bind to IP feature so I can easily enough force it to use sympatico, but my other connection is never used. So i need a way to make my computer use the other connection for everything else. I was thinking there must be somewhere in Windows XP that tells it what connection to use when two are present.

i not sure if this is what you want to do but if you right click on the network connetion you can disable it....

now that i read my first post... that didnt make any sense at all, shoulda just said this first.

I want my second connection to be used solely for azureus, and not have other programs use it, where my first is normal and used for everything else.

Im not trying to consolidate them, im just trying to force my computer into using one of them for one program, and another for the other's. To me this seems like a completly windows based service.

Nope thats not what I need, thx anyways. The angle i was looking at this was : Since my computer does have two connections, and when one dies, i dont even notice it and it switches to the other, it must know of both. So if it knows of both, there must be somewhere that programs look to see what network connection has the internet, then uses it. I want to force it to tell all programs that there is only the one i specify, then I would go into Azureus and Bind it to the other connection and it would be the only thing that is using the bandwidth of that connection.

Ya, RainConnect looks like it would work, but after a bit of searching, looks like its gona be hard to get a hold of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom