Computer Wont Boot, Cpu fan not spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
REad his post. His ram is (caps on for emphasis) NON EEC UNBUFFERED RAM. IF IT'S 184 PIN AND AS HE DESCRIBED THEN IT'S NOT EEC REGISTERED BUFFERED RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone needs to calm the fudge down.

"question: are non-ecc ddr ram and regular ddr ram any different"

seeing as to how this guy is kinduv new to computers, i thought i'd take it upon myself and explain/answer his question. never did i say or indicate what his RAM type was, i merely answered his question. no need for the hissy fit.

Okay........hisssy fit is over. No power to the AGP slot. Hmmmm..............card works in another puter.
Do you have an old PCI video card lying around? I'd see if you can get video via PCI. May be that your Mobo has headed south!!!! That new card may have pushed your Northbridge chipset over the top!

no, the video card is older... i used it in my old computer... the motherboard and everything else is new. No matter what combination of parts in... take this out, put that in, take out everything except power... i get the same beeping noise when I try to turn it on. And its not a pattern like on the beeping noise diagrams.. its just one long beep after another. The only things that I know works are the power supply and the fans (and the annoying little sounder), so the motherboard is probly working too, because the cpu fan is only connected to it. The only ideas that I have left is that the CPU somehow got damaged as I was installing it (its new too) or the BIOS is not working

alright if i remember correctly, continuous long beeps for ABIT motherboards mean that the DRAM isn't inserted properly. make sure that the RAM is properly secured in the slots. there should be clips on either side of the RAM slot that grab the RAM stick if it's correctly inserted. dn't be afraid to push it down with alil muscle.

i have taken the ram in and out many many times (the sides click in and everything) and tried many different ram cards and it still makes the noise...

hmmmmmm. alright, not sure if this could be the problem, but look at your motherboard's manual and check out the section that deals with jumpers, make sure that everything is correct, maybe a jumper fell from the motherboard (i doubt this is the problem but it's worth a try).

if that doesn't work, put on latex gloves, carefully remove the processor, and take pics with a camera and then post them up in this thread so we can see if there is any damage. heck, take pictures of everything in your comp, it'll make it easier.

i dont rememberspecifically, but if the processor got bumped slightly in installation, could that mess it up?

kickemall said:
i dont rememberspecifically, but if the processor got bumped slightly in installation, could that mess it up?

depends where it got bumped. if it got hit on the pins, i'd consider that a plausible issue. if the top of it came in contact with something, that's not a reason for worry.

can you tell us what model your video card is?
because if it's an AGP 2X card, it won't work in an AGP 8X slot. AGP 4X cards will though.

BTW yoshiemaster, you have 4 too many userbars. max height is 120 pixels

apokalipse said:
can you tell us what model your video card is?
because if it's an AGP 2X card, it won't work in an AGP 8X slot. AGP 4X cards will though.

BTW yoshiemaster, you have 4 too many userbars. max height is 120 pixels

alright i will, i'm at school right now. i'll change it when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom