Internet Explorer displays a blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmin

Solid State Member
After reinstalling windows, Internet Explorer will display certain webpages completely blank with a "Done" status in the status bar. An example of a website that does this is the search on wikipedia.org. It seems to be php pages that arent working, but there are some I have found that do work. If I run windows in safe mode the page is displayed fine.

I looked through all the Microsoft Support pages about issues similar to this and went through the processes for fixing them, but it didn't fix it.

It seems to me I have some kind of IE component that is missing registry values, but I don't know how to find what it is.

Succeeded, but didn't change anything.

That was one of the things I found in microsoft's knowledge base, but didn't work.

Is there a way to reinstall IE from the windows cd? When I look on the add remove Windows components under IE it says it removes the icons from start menu and desktop, but nothing about removing IE.

I actually installed IE7 and uninstalled it and it just put the old IE back on with the same problem. (IE7 gave a 404 error on any webpage I tried to open. I didn't feel like trying to troubleshoot it.)

Thanks for responding, any more ideas?

I can use Google Language Tools to display a page that otherwise just displays white with Done status.

I am actually recieving packets even when the page doesn't display.

Any ideas from that information?

I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. I had the hardware forums in my favorites when I went to post on this site.

Can an admin move it or should I just repost it in the software part?

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom