Code 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
i'm getting a "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

i get this after i installed my sound card, and this is the "Game Port for Creative" that is messing up. any ideas? troubleshooter didn't really help..

TeLeMuNdO! said:
i'm getting a "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

i get this after i installed my sound card, and this is the "Game Port for Creative" that is messing up. any ideas? troubleshooter didn't really help..

Disable any onboard sounds cards in the BIOS. 9 out 10 times they'll end up fighting with a PCI-soundcard...

How many free PCI slots do you have? Freeing up some might help but also swapping em around...

its a Creative Sound Blater 4.1, i'm on XP, and i have 3 free PCI slots. should i try and swap it to a new PCI slot? my old sound device was disabled when i installed this.

i got this off the link that asupertech provided.

NOTE: Some sound cards and video adapters do not report all of the resources that they use to Windows. This can cause Device Manager to show only one device in conflict, or no conflicts at all. This can be verified by disabling the sound card, or by using the standard VGA video driver to see if the conflict is resolved. Note that this is a known problem with S3 video adapters and 16-bit Sound Blaster sound cards, or those sound cards that are using Sound Blaster emulation for Sound Blaster compatibility.

disabling it does make the problems go away......but i want to actually use it....

i've got an nforce2 onboard sound thats giving me troubles too. i am thinking of getting a separate card too. TeLeMuNdO you must disable your sound card in CMOS, not windows. if you already did this, i wonder if changing IRQ would fix the conflict.....

I believe if you disable it in the CMOS, it wont be seen at all as a device by windows.

I would sugest purchasing separate sound card. You will get much better perfomace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom