Overclocking Celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could prob go to 3.2Ghz if u raised the Vcore a notch. What temps u got at stock clock?

I dont want to go that high. I think will just raise the FSB and stepping just enough to get it to 3ghz and leave the voltage where its at. Then Ill use the stock HSF.

Sound good?

i just found this:

There have been situations in which a chip manufacturer will deliberately underrate a chip in response to market pressure. This results in an inexpensive component that (with a little extra voltage) is easily overclocked to match the speed of a more expensive component. One example is the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (codename Toledo) processor, which was easily made as fast as the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, simply by increasing the voltage and clock speeds. Manufacturers will often sell these processors at 50% extra. Users can often easily overclock a component to above the highest settings a manufacturer will sell a component for.
Recently computer experts experimented with a Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT processor, cooling it using liquid nitrogen, and blowing cold air at high speeds past it. They managed to achieve over 3 GHz above the original frequency, which is a considerable amount. Few users would tolerate regularly topping off their computer with liquid nitrogen, the noise alone of such a system making it impractical. These tests are interesting, however, as an illustration of what is possible when great amounts of heat can be removed from a system and are an indication of what could be achieved with better (but not as drastic) cooling.

So dont be scared of overclocking it some.

i was able to overclock my celeron from 2.5 to 2.8 by raising the the voltage a little, I don't remember exactly how much, but got it working completely stable, I actually got working at 2.9 stable, but I also had a Arctic Cooling 4, a 120mm case fan right behind it, and raised the voltage a little more. Had 58C temps under load. But I should tell you that it was wintertime and it was super cold in my house, my case temp was only 67-69C most days. Had to bring it back down when March came around :D

Now that I think about it, it was wamer in my case then my house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom