AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that would have to be one of the single least constructive posts i have seen on TF

i take it back...... i think its been replaced ^^^^

for the love of god people we need 2 things from you if you wish to post in this thread

1. a logical, fully structured post as opposed to "I ONLY USE INTEL PROCESSORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "thz"

2. some information and logic behind your opinion, or at least throw some useful information in for the purposes of debate

I myself would choose intel because they havent been cheating the benchmarks.....
I do have a p4 2.0ghz and a xp2200 and the p4 crushes it...
AMD is not better, by far

AMD = Ferrai
INTEL = School Bus

Think about it carefully....the ferrari can only carry 2 people, well actually 1 person, since the drive....at 200mph

The bus can carry 75 people at a top speed of 70mph....

Are you getting the picture.....slowly....
Intels old architecture has a 31 stage pipeline, which is the school bus....
When there is somesort of write dependency, it has to hold 31 processes....
But as you can see, that the throughput is greater after it gets going........
So itll start out slow and then speed up dramatically.

The amd will give you usually constant speed, and thats why its better for games currently....

With intel's core, they are cutting the pipeline stages in half and adding a four execution units.......
This new core will completely crush anything AMD will release for a couple years....

At least Intel wasnt found out to be cheating benchmarks.......
For referece, the were found cheating with their XP estimates.....the 2000+ was nowhere near as fast as the p4 2.0....and they got busted on new benching progs....

PPC got busted recently....trying to get Apple back with rigged benches....

Yes, you can actually make a processor to detect a benchmark so it will skip ahead and give fake benching scores....

Also, I do own an AMD64....well actually there is no such thing as AMD64....its IntelArchitecture32EXT....yes thats right.....fake 64 bits ISA.....

The only true IA64 is the ITANIUM.....
If you want the ultimate multipurpose processor, get an intel Itanium 2.....

Oh...by the way, intel makes the architecture that AMD uses, so the dollar always stops at intel....no matter what you buy...

Intels old architecture has a 31 stage pipeline, which is the school bus....
intel started this architecture when the first pentium 4's were around and it hasn't much to do with their original architectures, they had doubled the pipelines to 20 from 10 and when the prescotts came about upped it again to 31 .. it is not really old architecture just a sort that doesn't do the processors good at slower clock speeds. i dont really see where you are going with your ferrari and school bus thing, intel's prescotts arent less than half the speed of amd when comparing equivalent ranked processors (not price). but you dont have to worry with conroe they are going back to their 'original' style of shorter pipelines lower clockspeeds and more efficiency and effectiveness.

Do you have links for where it says Intel makes the architecture that AMD uses?

Depends what you are on about. Intel made the X86 platform first and struck a deal with AMD so they could make X86 cpu's. When AMD made the 64bit instruction sets, Intel adopted it to run on its CPU's.

i have my AMD Athlon XP 2600+, ive never had a heating problem,or a problem for that matter, though now it seems to bethe bottleneck, i need a more powerful one. Might be time to upgrade to amd64 9when i can afford it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom