Cool and interesting software

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrue

Beta member
Hello all :)

You may find this sad of me to ask but... does anyone know of any cool or interesting software?

I will explain.
If you watch a film or series episode such as Dark Angel or Smallville, you might see someone using a computer with some sort of analysis software on screen. This is usually doing something spectacular like analysing meteor trajectory or scanning a network system. They always have graphs and awesome graphics to coincide with the analysis.

What I am after is any software that looks like this.

I wish to run this software on my computer just to make my pc look important lol :)
Maybe there is a screensaver out there that has the same sort of effect. Basically anything that uses the whole screen with analysis looking processes with graphs and graphics.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, Thanks.

Rue.

yup a lot of jabbering. so much so i stopped reading after a couple of lines lol
z7shysterical.gif

talldude123 said:
video games?

lol

some video games have cool effects

i guess you can use some freeware apps:

here is audacity and some graphing software:

photo.png

I cant think of any software that would do the job.

Generally what I am after is any software that does analysis with graphs etc, maybe even a system analysis tool?

there's the SETI program that actually does research on your comp while you're not using it. Does some kind of processing of data for this agency that is looking for extra-terrestrial life. my university had it on all the computers in the labs....its always doing graphs and analyzing stuff. look for that...might be what you want.

I'd say go for SETI@Home or Folding@Home...I think SETI uses your computer to help them search for alen life and Folding uses you computer to help find a cure for cancer...they both make your computer "look important"

ah brilliant guys thats exactly the sorta thing im after.

I have installed both and both look great.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom