need help finding replacement laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
alrighty.... been out of the market for a laptop for quite some time... to be honest i had to do quite a bit of research before i came out of a state of confusion. for a while now i've been using a HP ZE5300 as my mobile cpu.... the thing just finally died today... looking for a nice replacement, but at the same time want something cheap and i see no point in having a laptop that will outperfom my desktop...

desktop specs:
3ghz p4
1gb pc3200 ram
6800gt

kinda strapped for time so didnt feel like going into major detail...
but yea, i've been looking at some of the sites like hp and dell to get an idea of price range of what i am looking for...

with what i have heard and experianced first hand i am quite apprehensive of buying another HP... i'm looking for something that will run some games, doesnt need to be spectacular... ideal would be to outperform the old laptop but not surpass my desktop... (then i'd have no reason to use the desktop i spent so much money on... >_< i think you might understand what i mean)

any good places i should check out and such 0,o
???

EDIT: most of the large companies are offering the intel IGP 900... how well does that thing really perform? what kind of card (model) would you compare it to?

I second that recomendation if its in your budget! It will be a great performer for years to come!! although it might just outperform your desktop!! lol it would be close.

lol ya it would be somewhat close.. depending on the x1400 graphics.. i doubt it would come close to competing with the 6800gt. and as with mobility graphics you can never tell if they're dedicated or integrated... like the igp200... i still donno if thats integrated or dedicated...(hp and compaq websites say its dedicated.. but the 'i' stands for integrated, no?)

if you're gonna be runnin some high end games they'll run better on your desktop... other stuff.. since its dual core... i would think the laptop...

"even if a laptop performed better than a desktop, a desktop is a lot more comfortable to use... i hate using the laptop unless i'm away from home"

yea that is true. i just dont see the point in investing in something that will out perform my desktop. i only use the laptop for gaming away from home, extra storage, and school related work... so yea, most likely im looking for 500-800 range... didnt even occur to me to check newegg... >_< well off i go

"even if a laptop performed better than a desktop, a desktop is a lot more comfortable to use... i hate using the laptop unless i'm away from home"

yea that is true. i just dont see the point in investing in something that will out perform my desktop. i only use the laptop for gaming away from home, extra storage, and school related work... so yea, most likely im looking for 500-800 range... didnt even occur to me to check newegg... >_< well off i go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom