Upgrading computer...need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i dont get the graphics card tho i can get a processor for around £180 , the motherboard for about £50 and then the RAM for £30-£50

i could just about do it is suppose, but i am not sure whether to wait and save up, and hope that WoW will work on my computer at the moment. Do you think WoW will work on my current computer?

also what is the difference between an OEM and retail processor? and which one should i buy?

it should "work".. but don't expect very much...

you could get the asrock mobo with the agp and pci-e slot.. you lose a bit in performance tho..

You can use your old RAM in the new system, cause its PC3200. OEM processors are CPUs sold without the heatsink and fan, which means you will have to buy a seperate cooler. Go for a retail CPU in your situation to save money. Like I said, if you upgrade the mobo, you will have to get a new graphics card as well. Keep that in mind!

why cant i just keep my current graphics and add an agp mobo to it?

wont it just be the same, but my graphics wont be as good and there wont be much hope for future installation?

I think you can survive without a new gfx card for now if you want to play strategy games and WoW, as they eat-up the RAM and CPU, to be honest with your current setup WoW will eat it alive, I say this from experience I recommend 1GB minimum for it, adn your celeron will choke on it, I would spend your 250 quid on a mobo, a CPU and some RAM, then pick up a 7600GT/GS at a later date.

thanks for all the help guys.

i think i will do this option, as it seems best for my situation.

Also i think that mobo has inbuilt sound, so do i just need to fit the processor, ram , graphics, psu and the cd drivers etc, and then put it in my case and get all the latest drivers etc?

i just made a KILLER system for like 260.. but man.. VAT is so high! after VAT and shipping it takes you to 310...

3000+venice
msi k8n neo4
sapphire x1800xt

i guess its over your budget but if you stumble on some dough check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom