Need Some Advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU4sTrooper

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I'm am thinking of buying a new PC to satisfy my hunger for gaming, and I have found 3 different systems that satisy both my budget and my system needs, but I'm not sure which is the best option, they are:

X-treme G (06)

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2-4200+ Dual Core
with HyperTransport™ Technology
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center
ASUS A8N-SLI Mainboard
1024MB DDR 400 Memory
300GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
2x 256MB GeForce 7600GT SLI

Matrix² XFR 1900XT

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2-4400+ Dual Core
ASUS RD580 Deluxe Mainboard
1024MB DDR 400 Memory
300GB SATA Hard Drive
512MB ATI Radeon X1900XT Graphics

Matrix² CrossFire X1800

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2-4400+ Dual Core
ASUS RD580 Deluxe Mainboard
1024MB DDR 400 Memory
300GB SATA Hard Drive
2x 256MB ATI Radeon X1800GTO Graphics
ATI's CrossFire™ Configuration

All 3 systems cost roughly the same and are bundled with the same perephirals, I'm not too sure about which would give me the best power for my games.

Any help appreciated

If you REALLY wanted to get a prebuilt PC, I would go for number 2. But I bet you could build your own system for less.
What is your budget, then we could make suggestions.

im with all three of them, they are all great but whats the price diff between them? + what game syou wanna play? i reckon pre building you could build a much more powerful system with 2GB RAM etc.

A very mixed batch of answers... the place I'm buying from offers customized computers (Mesh Computers) , I was just looking at the pre-builts for a rough Idea.

There is no price difference between Options 1 and 2 (they are £1250-ish), option 3 is slightly dearer at £1399, but it comes with a 20" monitor whereas 1 and 2 come with 19" (which im not particularly bothered by).

My budget is Ideally 1000-1300 British Pounds, what kind of system do you guys think I could get for that (customized)?

Thanks for the help so far :)

Number 2. In my opinion. Although, personally I'd say to get the 4200+ or 3800+ as they are much better value for money, and you could overclock them a lot!

Charlie -

DO NOT BUY PRE BUILT, Build your own. Its not hard, im pretty much a noob myself but i managed to build it.

Yea also www.ebuyer.com are good too.

Building your own is always the best choice for gaming desktops. Its not as intimidating as it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom