jetway motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazvenn

Baseband Member
ok.. after my old mobo dying (asus a8n-e nforce4) which to say the least i was quite happy with i have just had to make a bit of an emergency purchase of a jetway 939gt4-sli-g.
and so far to be honest i've had nothing but trouble.
my latest problem is that after reinstalling windows on my main harddrive initially my secondary hard drive was showing up and i was able to access it but now for some unknown reason it isnt. when i got through computer management\storage to initialize the hd it comes up with an error message. kind of desperately need this as there is some work i need to access on this drive for tomorrow and its 2am..... any help would be much appreciated. if i do find myself sticking with this board i get the feeling i will become a constant presence on this forum.. in the shop i had the option of this board or a more expensive but non-sli (which i have been looking to upgrade to) gigabyte mobo.

Edit: sorry for the long read

jeremy said:
what's the exact error message?
yes, we can't say what the problem might be otherwise..

anyway, I would recommend, if you can, to get an MSI K8N family motherboard
the Neo4-F is quite a good motherboard, and is not expensive. it's not an SLI board though.

ok well now i cant even get as far as i was before.... when i leave the ide hdd connected to the computer it takes ages to boot to windows and then on boot just freezes the comp.

all seems to be working fine again now i believe it to be a dodgy IDE driver on the mobo drivers disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom