How to install power on mobo ? (noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodreb

Baseband Member
Question on Mobo (installing stuff)

I fianly got the computer from my old post:
Old Post

But i altered it abit. I went with a A8N32-SLI Delux board, the AMD 64 60FX processer. and 4 gb of OCZ titaium 3200 ram with 2-3-2-5 timmings. and some more stuff....

Anyway. This is a REALY NOOBISH question.

Does the 24 pin on the power supply plug into the 24 on the mobo? Now, my question arises from this:

OCZ Power Lable:

!! WARNING :
-This is the new designed 20+4pin user-friendly combo connector
-The combo 24 pin is the EPS12V main connector
-The single 20 pin is the ATX12V main connector (simply slide out the 4pin housing)

CAUTION : Please refer to the USer's manual/ionstallation guide The slide out 4pin IS NOT the ATX12V 4pin. Please DO NOT plug the slide out 4pin onto the motherboard.

Ok, that is the power lable. it says the 20 pin is the atx (in the powersupply def)..

the book says plug the atx12v into the motherboard... im 99% sure that its the 24pin set.. but with 3400 bucks there, i wanted to check with you guys before it fried to **** from a bad mistake.

anyway. if any1 is interested in the entire comp build its

Mobo: Asus A8N32-SLI Delux
Case: Thermaltake VA8000BWS armor serries
CPU: AMD 64 FX60 2.6GHz
vid : eVGA GF 7900GTX 512MB
Mouse pad:IceMat 2nd Edition Black
Mouse : G5 Laser mouse
Keyboard : G15 Gamining Keyboard
Flash Drive : 2gig OCZ rally
Ram 2 sets of 2gig OCZ titaium (2x1gig duel channeled) for a total of 4gig.
Hard drive 1 : WD 36.7 gig raptor
Hard drive 2 : WD 180 gig
Hard drive 3 : WD 120 gig
Speakers : Logitech THX z-5300e 5.1
Sound Card : Creative x-fi xtream music.
Dvd brner: Liton with lightscribe x 2
Flopy : Samsug
Surge protector : Belkin 9 slot

Everything from NewEgg for a total of $3,469.37 thats why i asked this noob question... i dont want it all to fry because of a mistake on a simple connection

hmm.. not many people responding, altho, its only been 30 min... il have to check again 2marow

they do. the 20+4 pin connector from the psu is so you can use it on an old 20 pin mobo. i have a psu like that, and its plugged into my dfi lanparty slidr.

then again, i take no responsibility for what happens.

ya, well... thats the discalmer im sure built into this, even the asus site says the advice they give my not be right : ( but, im sure that it is the 24 pin, because the mobo has a 24pin reciver.. but... like i said... i dont want to mess up

I have the same Mobo and asked myself the same question.

The 20+4 connector does go onto the MB, i remember it clearly, had a few issues keeping the shape of the connector but everything worked fine.

By the way, nice spec, I have something simular but with a lower spec CPU and GPU

Also... let me know how you get on with benchmarks.

I am thinking of getting some more RAM and a newer GPU, but I realise thats just being silly right now.

Anyway let us know what score you get on say 3dmark 2005, I say 2005 because thats the only test I have run.

k, thankyou leeslangley. Ya, the powerpin idea is kinda... stupid because it wont stay together. Anyway, il have to dl 3dmark 05 and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom