i was in ahurry...i did a stupid thing...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttomm46

Baseband Member
hi

i was having keyboard trouble and wasn't thinking and plugged in a new keyboard while computer was on...i have an nforce 2 motherboard....seems to work ok but worried i might of damaged it.

new computer so im now real worried.if it seems to be fine is it probably ok?

Tom:(

I wouldn't worry about it. I have done the same thing several times, and i have no issues with my computer. :)

It might not be the "right" way to replace a keyboard, but i'm way too lazy to turn off my computer then wait for it to fire back up again.

dont worry, your computer will be ok. in order for the computer to recognize your new keyboard you need to reboot the computer anyways. you are ok!

however don't do that with devices that require power!!

uuups!
my fall, did not express my self right.
what i ment was that is not good to be doing that to devices inside the case. like hard drives, cd room, etc... that are plug to the power supply.

it will be ok... especially if it was a USB Keyboard....

but you should never work on something while in a hurry...

unless you have a couple servers down and the President of the company is looking over your shoulder asking when you will be back up.........
:eek:

The proper thing to do when replacing anything on a computer (Unless it's external) is to shut down your PC before attempting to service it yourself. The reason being is you may damage a part with static electricity or bend a keyboard pin (PS2 or DIN9).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom