Help WD Raptor not running at 10k RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Well I was using my computer and suddenly there was an electricity bassoon I have a UPS but my its pretty old and it can't handle my computer so obviously my computer turn off as if it did not have ups at all. Hours later I decide to turn it on again but i notice that when that windows xp screen boot shows up it takes more time there ( something that have not happend to me before, when that screen appear it take the time that it would take a hard disk of 7200 rpm to boot.

When the system finally boot at the bottom of the right appear a message that said some windows files are corrupt e.c.t I check the hard disk for error but i didn't find anything, after that i chec the start menu and i notice that my antivirus (NOD32) it is like "uninstalled" I tried to enter to the folder in Program Files but when i click it the folder hangs up for some second and then a message appear that the disk is not formatted if I like to format it now.

After all this I decide to format the disk and install a fresh copy of XP so I did it all works fine exept for the windows XP boot up it take more time than before the bassoon. To give you an example before the bassoon my boot up time when the windows xp logo appear was only one bar passing only one, after the bassoon it take like four to five.

I'm very frustated :( :( :( plz is someone can help me I will be very thankful

Sorry if someone don't understand some of my words but English is my second language my first is Spanish :eek: .

I today in the morning i was installing some programs of no importance ;) when it ask me for a restart I obviously did it, when the windows xp boot screen appear the loading bar just passed one time just like used to do before the bassoon after that i check again if this was true but the second time i did it took more time just like after the bassoon, I'm not the best at troubleshooting but I guessing that maybe is some kind of driver or something I'm not sure..

I have run some programs like Hard disk sentinel and it said that Hard disk performance and health is 100% - exellent so i don't think the drive is damage at all, something must be bothering up my hard disk.

OMG... plz I beg of you someone help me!!! :p :( :p :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom