trying not to panic here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
okay i dont know exactly what went wrong, but my PC wont restart. let me tell you everything i did in the last couple hours.
a guy from this forum PM'd me and we chatted on aim. i told him i was doing this project for english and i asked him if he wanted to see what i've written so far. he said sure so i sent him the file and he made some changes and corrections. so he sent to file back to me and i opened it (.doc format).
i signed up for spikedhumor.com and uploaded a video. it said i must subscribe to at least one sponsor to create an account so i clicked on a save the children one and it had this pop up which i immediatly closed (i always do...) but then thats when my comp started acting funny, not letting me type in some areas in my broswer (address bar) or not letting me copy and paste. so i restarted my computer. when it restarted and i saw the press delete now to enter bios screen i did because i wanted to play with 1.450w and 211mhz. so i set it to that and after that i couldnt boot windows. it'd say boot from cd 3..2..1.. crap like it always does then black screen. i said.. hmm okay well ill put the bios settings back the way they were but now i cant even get into the BIOS!!!!!111 what do i do!>!>!>!!?!? omg panicing.

edit: got back into the bios but its only showing me three options instead of all 12 or something. wierd........!!!
edit 2: okay in the bios again (frozen like last time) and its only showing me 8 of the 12 options.

Reset the CMOS. Then see if the comp will boot, then shut it down again and see if you can go into the bios again. Then after boot into safe mode and bombard your computer with virus/spyware scans, oh btw use hi-jack this aswell.

hey thanks, it worked. i totally feel like a noob but hey, we all had our first times right? anyway, another problem im having is im running win pro64x ed. i cant find ne anti-virus programs that will work with my comp. any suggestions? know of any that will run on my comp?

any recommendations on a 64x version of some anti-spyware stuff? there are so many shady anti-spyware exe's out there that put more spyware on ur comp..

how is x64 running anyway??.. i was really interested in buying that, to see whats so great about it.. just to see how much more different it is compaired to regular xp... maybe try out 4 gb's just for the he1l of it

to tell you the truth nosboost, i don't really realize that much diffrence. then again, this is my first computer that counts as high performance. its a lot faster than anything i've ever had. or seen for that matter.
does that adware thing cover spyware too? is spyware in the adware category? i dont know much about this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom