PLS help builging a sup computer 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.

musmus

Solid State Member
hi all am builging a super computer its my first time to do it so plssss help me
her is my system that am gong to buy

Intel BOXD975XBXLKR ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition 965 (but i did not find in any uk sits maby it will come out soon)???

XFX GeForce 7900GTX XT 512MB DDR3 PCIE

2GB ram DDR2 667MHz

Pioneer DVR-110D

Hard Drives Maxtor Maxline III 250Gb S300 16MB (but idont no if it will work with this motherboard or not )???

Antec TruePower II 550W 20-24pin PSU ((do u think this is enoph wat for this system))???

Sound Cards ((i dont realy know i mean i havent checked the sound cards i dont want very good sound card somthing normal))??

1. Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU-Cooler Socket 478/775/754/939/940 (((do i need this cooler for my cpu and if yes dos it fit to my motherboard)))????

2. or do i get this one AKASA EVO120 CPU Cooler Low Noise(15dBa) 120mm fan, Socket 478/775/754/939/940 (((do i need this cooler for my cpu and if yes dos it fit to my motherboard)))????

The case
1. I-Cute 0314TL-BB ATX Gaming Case from http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91831

2. Aspire X-Infinity Black Midi Tower from http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=99442

3. XION Solaris Black (Green LED) Steel ATX Mid Tower http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=107993

wich one of these cases will be good and fit for the system if none of these do you advice me on any othere one
the over all system dosit fit together (i mean is there any problime with one of the prodect that dos not fi in with the other)???
is there any thing that i forget that need to be in this system i want my system to be quiet ???
Soory if i have asked aloat of qustion or stupid qustion (its may first time to bulid a computer)
any helpe will be very helpfull

thanks in advanc

ahhhh i was unaware there was a 965 EE. perhaps you were after the 955 EE? if you don't mind my asking why are you choosing this Intel processor. my guess is that if you are buying a 7900gtx you must be a gamer in which case you would be far better off with an AMD processor. in fact for the price of the 955 EE you could buy the FX-60 which i have no doubt would cream the 955EE.

edit: sorry a quick search on one of my local retailers tells me i was wrong and there is a 965 EE. however it says ETA: TBA in other words they apparently aren't shipping yet.

hi thanks for the replay well i play game yes but i do 3d porgram maya wich from what iknow Extreme Edition 965 well be very fast for rendering
but thanks is the fx-60 ready to buy and do u know how much is it

i couldnt find the 965 but i did find: Intel Pentium 4 955 Extreme Edition Dual Core for £704 and on the same site the FX60 was on a "this week only" price of...£704
because they are the same price (the FX is only £36 more expencive usually) it is fair to draw comparisons. i have no doubt that the two 2.6GHz cores of the FX would beat the two 3.46GHz cores of the intel. on top of this the intel will only work on boards using the 955 or 975x chipsets apparently so i wuold pobably choose the FX, for simplicity if nothing else
then again this is a lot of cash to blow if you get it wrong, it is your first build

well the thing is i dont know if tis all the system compateble withe the parts like is the cooler enoph and the 550W is it ok

as i sade befor am doing rendering with 3d porgram so i think the 965EE is good better then the amd one

and for the 965EE i dont realy know when it well be avaleble but i will try to contact the stores and see when thay might have it

thanks again for ur replayes ((can any one of u read the list and tell me if its all good and i want run in problim aftre months))???

on more qustion is this Intel BOXD975XBXLKR ATX Intel Motherboard gona be compatobel with the new intel conroe
thankss

yeah seriously get the AMD over the intel, intel is shiat ( so far).

here is a gyst of what your looking for.

AMD Fx-60
Msi K8n Neo4 f
eVGA 7900 GTX OR better yet the, ATI X1900 XTX ( they are both the same.....almost)
2GB Dual Channel G.Skill or OCZ Ram
36GB Raptor
250GB Caviar
im guessing a multimedia keyboard with extra keys to give functions to ( whats the called again?)
Logitech MX 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LG L2000C ( i think its C) BEST monitor for video and 3d editing n shiz

ali i know english its just my speling i know is very bad but any way thanks (any way english is my second lungeg)

john3 i well see about the

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom