Computer Wont Boot, Cpu fan not spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.
question: are non-ecc ddr ram and regular ddr ram any different... because if they are I think that is the problem

Your system does not use registered RAM...it's not a server. Pull everything off that mobo except for 1 stick of ram. Keep the keyboard and mouse (if PS2) plugged in. Watch the CPU fan and the led lights on the keyboard. If you get one beep and the cpu fan is spining and the LED lights on the keyboard flash your at post.

BTW......make sure the 4 pin 12 volt rail is plugged into your mobo or the CPU will not power on!!

If it will POST, add the video card and see if you can enter the BIOS. We'll go from there.

EDIT: Non-eec non Buffered 184 pin Ram is DDR!

kickemall said:
question: are non-ecc ddr ram and regular ddr ram any different... because if they are I think that is the problem

yes they are different. ECC RAM (error checking RAM) actually tries to correct any corrupt bytes that may be in the RAM. regular RAM just keeps the bytes handy.

yoshiemaster said:
yes they are different. ECC RAM (error checking RAM) actually tries to correct any corrupt bytes that may be in the RAM. regular RAM just keeps the bytes handy.

REad his post. His ram is (caps on for emphasis) NON EEC UNBUFFERED RAM. IF IT'S 184 PIN AND AS HE DESCRIBED THEN IT'S NOT EEC REGISTERED BUFFERED RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico is right... it supports NON ecc unbuffered... anyway the cpu fan works I'm about to try the video card btw when you said take out everything... did that inlude the hdd and dvd drive?

I put in the video drive and I still get the same beeping noise and nothing comes up on the monitor

okay. Don't worry about the HD or other peripherals just yet. Put in your old video card. Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom