Corsair DDR500. Did I waste my $?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if its 209 at newegg and you spent 90 dollars, wouldnt you say that's a good deal?

NOt if the RAM Doesn't perform. I have XMS DDR400 I gig 2,3,2,6 and it rocks. Anyone run this mem oc'd to day 250Mhz?

Well if it doesnt run at DDR500 obviously you can return it to him/ return it to corsair cause it doesnt run at advertised speeds...

Wouldn't make much differnece to me if it runs at 500 stock or not....I am runnig a Venice core 3500+ and I'd like to oc it up above 450...well anywho, the price was right. I think I'll just add it to the 1 gig of DDR400 XMS and OC them together. Thanks P!

I took a chance with the G. Skill Extreme DDR500 stuff (the cyan coloured stuff), and it's unstable at 266mhz ... it's brand new though, maybe I need to let it "burn in" and do some cable rewiring or something to reduce the heat in there.

What motherboard are you using though? I've heard XMS doesn't favor DFI, but DFI's got the best OCing motherboards so you've gotta pick your poison really ... or just go with OCZ or G. Skill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom