Outlook Wont Connect to Exchange Server.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halchka99

Baseband Member
Okay guys pretty weird.... basically just setting up a work station for a new customer service rep and as soon as i try to launch outlook to setup exchange i get an error saying unable to connect to exchange server.... This is BEFORE entering any type of info in outlook....

Basically just double clicking on outlook 2003 and as it loads up to the setup screen thats the error message i get.

Any clues?

Thanks guys

I would blow away the profile to eleminate any problems with that and if that doesn't work then do a clean reinstall of Office.

This has happened to me before, if you right click on outlook and go to properties.

Check to see if you have a Profile listed. If you do you can delete it and recreate it using the Add button.

By clicking on the Add button you force Outlook to start the email accounts wizard. You can choose "View or change existing e-mail accounts" to see if you have any pre-existing settings.

I would delete all email accounts and start from scratch.

Screen Shot of Email Wizard :)

okay this only works when im logged in as an administrator (locally) when i log in as the customer service persons profile it still gives me the cannot connect to exhange message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom