Some Case & CPU Questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Hello..
I was wondering, im gonna buy a computer in the next to come months... I have a nice sum of Budget... i've decided MOST of my parts but not yet.. one of them is my Case & CPU..

Now.. Case:

I Had my eye laying over the XaserV - Damier 6000A [http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/Damier/v6000a.htm]

Cons? Pros? Anyone know a better case for around same price? Should I just get this one? I really liked the whole thing because it has a lot of fans that comes with it, good ventilation, i need the case-lock thing too, as I live in a house with brothers.. Wouldn't like people messing with my PC.... and the Hardcano or w/e the control panel on the top of it.. I liked it too XD

CPU:

I'm an intel guy, not intending to move on to AMD Anytime soon.. my problem is, I'm looking for a generaly GOOD gaming CPU that the temps won't skyrate like my current Pentium 4 3.0GHz L2 Cache 1MB Prescott.. [I have a custome Air Cooling]

Now... I'm not sure which should I get.. Pentium D 940 or should I wait for the Conroe? I have some questions about the Conroe too..

I've seen that the Conroe FSB Is higher than normal, but the GHz are lower than normal aswell.. how is this possible? What does this mean...? Would a Conroe do better than my current CPU?.. thats most of my questions.......

So, summary:

1. Need cons and pros about XaserV Damier 6000A [Or suggestion of a better case with more features in about same price]

2. Need suggestions of a CURRENT Intel CPU with the LGA 775 Socket that doesn't have a heating problem like Prescotts has

3. Wondering.. what does that mean that the FSB In conroe is high and the GHz is low... and will it outtake all of our current CPUs?

Thanks in advance!! Please reply quickly ^_^

-Jo.

Case: i would say thermaltake tsunami.
why dont you want to go AMD? they are much better for gaming and will save you upgrading later. either way get a dual core.

Mate instead of going around why don't I want AMD blablabla :p just tell me what i've asked about please ^^

And thanks for the Case Advice, but as far as I can see the tsunami is over-taken by the XaserV serier both in features and in quality :S So I still think i'll go for the XaserV ^_^ Any other ideas though? I AM open minded just that I do look for certain features :D

Ok then i would say get Pentium D (dual core) they are quite cheap and the dual core should see that it lasts you quite a while.

im afraid that is the most ugly case i have EVER seen, i didnt see a price, but yea, all the thermaltakes are good, and i like some of the silverstones

wow..... i have to agree that is the ugliest case ive ever seen... like theyve taken parts from other cases and put them all in one..eeeew, i hate those cases that just look generic and are aimed towards the people who want a "HARDCORE" gaming pc.... if u want a nice case look for one that has style and isn't used by noobs

if you really want intel, then wait for the conroe. itll be really good. if you dont want to wait, go for the intel-D which is not good for gaming compared to AMD by far but you like this inferior intel one so go for it. im not the one spending the money. and to let you know when you comparing comps, the more Ghz doesnt mean it's faster. my AMD x2 4800+ @ 2.8Ghz are equal to P4 5.5Ghz or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom