Quad SLi 7900GX2 Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAWN said:
Waste of money IMO.

Like I said above: These new games are all about graphic realism not gameplay, at least for deathmatch tourny pro. For Example: FEAR, which is graphically spectacular, is stupid in single player...the same old first person shooter stupidity and lags like **** in multiplayer................it's time to bring back quake 1 with punkbuster installed on all the servers!!!! :) No wonder painkiller is the gamers DM choice right now!

Lol..... gaming noobs........ BTW, FEAR sucked......how bout a single shot sniper rifle...biggest waste of 50 bux. I dont lag at all, I just hate the weapons.
That test is full of BS. The mobo they are using to test the quad sli setup doesnt support multi GPU cards. I have that same board, it specifcally stated that it doesnt. And really there is no software out that can truly optimize 2 cards let alone 4. Id say read a 3dmark test in about 6months I bet youll have way different results.
-P.

P-Zero said:
BTW, FEAR sucked

Are you refering to multiplayer or singleplayer?

because Mulitplayer does suck. single player is cool from a eye candy prospective. Lot's of cool neat effects... lot's to go ooh, ahhh over.

So it's really a matter of Quanity>Quality I guess, since your getting more GPU's, but they're actually slower than the individual 7900GT's ... interesing.

My guess for the reason is that they needed to keep the heat down since the video cards are so close. SLI as a technology isn't mature enough yet and not worth it yet, and IMO there's no way this is even close.

What boggles me is, why don't they put 2 GPUs on 1 board? Waste of space in my opinion.

hrmmm gaming noobs.... hrmm... well when i think of technology, i think of getting better.. not playing games that look like complete crap..... jagged edges bug the **** outta me when i come to think technology has gotten this far and still can't do that... not that i'd go quad sli.. i'm just saying, i like to have SMOOTH edges, i want a more life like feel to a game, and jagged edges certainly does not give that to me

yeah i cant get used to the gameplay in quake 4, its too slow and to fluid, i prefer the quake 3 engine better... i play ET all the time

hopefully enemy territory : quake wars will have better gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom