Best RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

von_dragon

Baseband Member
I can't decide what RAM I should get for my new computer. Ive decided that I want 2gb (2x1GB sticks).
Im also getting an AMD so I think I need DDR SDRAM. Ive heard good things about OCZ but should i be going with another brand? I definitly dont want the most expensive stuff but stuff that has the best performace to price ratio.

Does anyone have any models they can specifically recommend to me. (I would appreciated if you could link to www.NCIX.com)

These timings are confusing. the 3-3-3-7 and so on... what do they mean and how much will they affect my performance?

The CAS thing if its 3 or 2.5 or 2 does it make a huge diference? If so, where does it matter?

alrite thank you zero.

Anyone else? And whats the benifite of over clocking RAM?

Can anyone tell me what the 3-3-3-7 and so on means? And the CAS and how they affect performance?

Timings dont really matter in gaming, you wont notice a significant difference between 3-3-3-10 or 2-2-2-5. The only difference you will see is in benchmarking. SuperPI is a good example.

there to over priced. But dam there the only ones with the 2gbs of RAM i want. The Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT

ncix.com

where do u live in canada, i might be able to suggest some stores that are like private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom