Status
Not open for further replies.

LLS207

Beta member
4/29/06
Saturday
8:53pm PDT

Hello
I have a Gateway ATXSTF OXN Select 1100.
I tried to start it up and I get a blank monitor. I tried a different monitor.. same thing. There is power to the computer, I hear the hard drive running. I just do not know where to start with this, as I have never heard of this happening.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LLS207
Portland, OR.

Someone really needs to make a sticky about this problem, I havn't been here that long and I am already sick of typing this out. lol

Here lets try this

Are you getting any post Beeps? try removing the ram and see if the board beeps If it does beep then the ram is toast remove the video card see if it beeps (it should if the mobo is still good) if it beeps the card is no good. Then unhook all your disk drives if you still get no beep's then the motherboard or CPU are NFG,

No Monitor [Reply]

5/01/06
Monday
12:47pm PDT

Hello:
Thanks for the replies.
Before I got the replies, I removed the hard drive from the Gateway and put it in a Sony, it worked. I was thinking it was the graphic next, but I did not know how to test it.
So...I will try the info in the post and reply with the results
Also, the monitor has a 'no signal" on it, the operating system never loads and I never see the Sony splash screen. Thats why I started thinking 'graphic card'

LLS207
Portland, OR.

Update On The Gateway Computer

Hello:
This computer is strange. O.K. so I got the monitor problem solved by switching video cards. When I turned it on I got the ME splash screen and, "It Is Safe To Turn Your Computer Off".
So, I attempted to reinstall ME. What happens is it freeze. The best I have done is 16%. So, I FDISK the hard Drive and attempt to install Windows ME again. But the program gets to the point after scandisk where it it needs to copy the Windows file and the screen goes blank and stays there. I tried to install 95, 98 and had the same results.
Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks,
LLS207
Portland. OR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom