Some questions on Comp Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty07

Beta member
Hi I am new to the forums and I just have a few questions. I work at an internet café and we are in the process of upgrading our computers. Here are some of the parts that I have in mind for about 26 computers that I need to build. My budget is $1000 for each computer.

Parts:
CPU: AMD 3700+ San Diego ($235)

Mother board: I have 2 in mind; Abit KN8 ($88.99) or ASUS A8N5X ($79.99) I have read the reviews from newegg.com and both have received more positive reviews than negative.

Ram: Debating over if 2gs is really necessary. But (2x1GB) would cost around $189. Manufactures I would choose would be either Mushkin or Corsair.

Video Card: Leadtek PX7600 GT 256MB 128-bit PCI express ($179)

That adds up to about $691. Well in range of my budget, thatÂ’s without hard dive, case, and power supply. The daily usage of these computers will be anywhere from a minimum of 6 hours to 12 hours.

What is the optimal power supply I should use for this setup? Keeping in mind that there would be at least 2 intake and 2 out take (exhaust) fans.
The Leadtek PX7600GT has a memory interface of 128-bit. What is the difference between 128-bit and 256-bit? Would it really be recognizable?
Is it really necessary to purchase (2x1GB) of ram?
If I were to go with this setup would it be a good idea to upgrade cpu fan?
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks again for your time. :D

The typical games what would be played on these computers would be Warcraft 3, Battlefield 1 & 2, WOW, DOOM 3, Fear, Oblivion, etc..

Case - Thermaltake Tsunami - comes with all the fans you need

PSU - Antec 550w

MOBO - Get an ASUS A8N-E (faster)

VC - EVGA 7900GT KO

HD - WD 250GB 16MB Cache - SATA 2

DVD - NEC 3550A

Stick with the 3700+

You can get some Corsair 2GB XMS for $138 w/ $50 rebate.

I guess he pretty much covered it. Maybe consider the 3800 X2, I don't know off the top of my head if that is over your budget though. Maybe you could put it in half of them. Heh.

stick with the 3700+, change the mobo to MSI K8n neo4-f, in case to improve performance you want to Overclock all the computers ( that should be really fun). definitely get 2GB, some games, like oblivion, and BF2 need all the ram they can get. PSu is an antec truepowerII 550watt. As for case, no need to waste $100 on something that doesnt matter, one of the main reasons why people by expensive cases is cause it looks good. just look up on google cases with good airflow and enough fans, thats not so expensive, and not big on looks, that should save u quite a bit of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom