CPU temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because of wrongly applying the thermal compound. All these guys have went over as well as I in PMs. So Kain, go ahead and clean and reapply and test your temperatures then. However, it has something like a 100 hour break-in before it's at its optimal effectiveness.

alright, quick update, i've stripped off all the compound, and reapplied after a good cleaning. now my temp is still up and around 40C+ normal. haven't run anything cause i don't wanna kill the cpu. there's no airflow issues, other than I don't have an exhaust fan. do you think an Antec exhaust fan would bring the temps down? btw i'm doing NO over clocking.

now here's the thing, should I change my AI overclocking feature from auto, to manual, standard, or adaptive overclocking? (ASUS A8V board). I'm wondering if because I had it on auto it would raise the temps itself, to OC the rig. but now i've got it on standard, and it's still running hot. I'll check manual and repost my findings in 1 minute.

update: even on manual over clocking and no overclocking done, it's still running hot, bios says 50.5C, in windows i'm still getting an idle temp of 45C, and running program runs it up to around 55-60C.

could this just be a bad CPU? I purchased it from www.zipzoomfly.com if that helps any.

Hmm thats really wierd. I doubt the cpu is causing this. Check your temps with some other software, it may be that your temp monitor is wrong. But also check the power connecter that connects to the fan, maybe its loose?

that's what I thought, I rechecked the wiring, all connected & secured. i uninstalled and reinstalled the asus PC probe. the mobo came with. still to no avail.

I forgot to add, which i'm feeling quite dumb for. about 3-4 days ago, when flashing my bios to 0221 (beta bios drivers) it errored, and I had to reset my cmos. upon doing that, and reflashing the cpu and rebooting, the computer came back with a cpu fan error. i went into bios, reset all my settings back to norm. and reboot, no cpu fan error. think that bad flash might have messed anything up?

This is stumping me horribly, i just can't seem to figure out why my cpu is running idley @ 45C :(

Edit: oh wow I forgot about the 100 hour breakin of the new thermal compound. should I wait a few days before I go jumping to conclusions? will I be able to use the computer without killing it?

Considering cpu's are able to take temps of up to 90 degrees C, 62 isnt amazingly bad. Its quite high yes, but i wouldnt get too worked up about it. Get some more cooling for your case or a better case maybe.

alright, lol, here's some interesting shite. I installed the ASUS cool n quiet drivers, enebled it in the bios, and now, while the software has my computer clocked @ 990 MhZ my cpu temp drops down to 34-36C area. lol, but as soon as i run a program, it bumps my computer back up to 2200 Mhz, and i'm running around 45C+ again. this is driving me batty.

bump; still having issues, the temperature keeps rising steadily every other day it runs "idly" 2c more than it did before. i'm currently around 47c idle.

could this cpu just be defective? if so I need to know so I can get to calling AMD's warranty dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom