gpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zalman is defenitly worth the money,I just got 1 for my 6800GS and it dropped the temp's pretty good,I went from around 55* idle to 45 or so,And at load it droped from 80 to 65 or so :D But make sure you get the all copper version if you get 1.

What are you guys talking about, 85C is not WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too hot for a graphics card! Almost all GPUs run that hot under load with stock coolers. Most GPUs have a threshold temp of 115C, so 85C is well within limits! I'm not saying to not get the VGA cooler, but don't freak the guy out and cause him to not even switch on his PC out of fear of burning his GFX card! :D

afaik, the 6xxx series all run hot, my 6800GS oc'd to 510/1450 max's out at around 80 degrees, and idles at 47.... It is perfectly acceptable to this series, although some people are shocked with the temps.

Charlie -

magouster said:
What are you guys talking about, 85C is not WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too hot for a graphics card! Almost all GPUs run that hot under load with stock coolers. Most GPUs have a threshold temp of 115C, so 85C is well within limits! I'm not saying to not get the VGA cooler, but don't freak the guy out and cause him to not even switch on his PC out of fear of burning his GFX card! :D

Ummm yes it is too high. I think you are thinking of CPU's which can take up to about 100c but not a gfx card. Mine at load is only 45c on stock cooler.

Mentali$t, you have got it the wrong way round, if you get a Athlon 64 to 100C, it would probably blow up or something. A friend of mine has the 256MB Geforce 7800GTX, and it idles at 55C, and reaches about 80C under load. My card reaches 75C after about 2 hours playing FEAR. If you have a friend with a NVidia card, have him right click the desktop, properties, settings, click advanced at the bottom of the window, click on the adapter tab, and have him go to the temperature settings. The temperature threshold should be something like 115C. That means its the temp where the card would start picking up damage. I'm not saying its good for a card to run at 85C 24/7, I'm just saying its not the end of the world, or of rgray's stock cooling days just yet if it reaches it under load.

Mentali$t,

you're using an ATi, I assume, from your sig, which are much cooler cards, nVidia cards will happily run at 80+ degrees. Although you may not feel comfortable with that temp in your computer, it is normal, (you, universal, I'm not singling at you)...!

There isn't much wrong with the temps although 85 may be pushing it a bit....?!

Charlie -

Mentali$T said:
Ummm yes it is too high. I think you are thinking of CPU's which can take up to about 100c but not a gfx card. Mine at load is only 45c on stock cooler.

rofl rtofl roflr oflr folroforoforoforfor you got your thing mixed up. processor at 100C LOL!! Anyways its the other way around

haha, at 100 degrees there would be a dripping hole in the mainboard where the cpu once was LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom