Intel 82810e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a PII system should have an AGP slot though so make doubley sure you don't before you buy a PCI card.

nitestick said:
that is true but you need a pci-e slot to use pci-express. pci-x is something completely different and is found only on server boards. yeah if the slots are black they would be ISA. there are a few reasonable options in the way of PCI cards but it depends on what you are willing to spend

sorry my bad I am sure him and everyone else knew what I meant!

And its not uncommon for that generation of computer's to not have an AGP slot. A little older most had them but when that IGP came out board makers didn't include agp slots on alot of them

its not even pentium mate, its cyrix or something, and i can't afford a major upgrade :( how do i disable onboard graphics in CMOS, is that in setup when you press DEL on startup, if so still how do i do it?

Im looking at a PCI GeForce FX5200, any good?
theres not aot in the way of choice everything is PCI-e :(
im looking on ebay UK can anyone help me, price upto £60

Shane1 said:
its not even pentium mate, its cyrix or something, and i can't afford a major upgrade :(

Ouch, i dont think that cpu will really handle a gfx card like the fx5200, I could be wrong there but lets just say my pda has more processing power..

Shane1 said:
how do i disable onboard graphics in CMOS, is that in setup when you press DEL on startup, if so still how do i do it?

Yes, enter CMOS and look around until you find the setting for onboard graphics then simply switch it to disable, save and exit.

MrCoffee said:
Ouch, i dont think that cpu will really handle a gfx card like the fx5200, I could be wrong there but lets just say my pda has more processing power..

Yes, enter CMOS and look around until you find the setting for onboard graphics then simply switch it to disable, save and exit.

of course after you install another video card!

Hmm, i found these requirements for the fx5200 pci:

# Product Requirements
# Microsoft Windows 95 OSR2/98/NT 4.0/2000/ME/XP
# Intel Pentium III, AMD Duron or Athlon processor or better
# 128 MB RAM
# 10 MB free hard disk space (50 MB for full installation)
# Available PCI slot
# CD-ROM drive

Not sure how it would run on your system (if at all), do you have pci 2.1?

dunno do i have PCI 2.1, how can i tell????????

btw its cyrix III.....dunno if thts the equivilant to pentium or not?

can someone recommend a card for cyrix 3, and 235W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom