Intel 82810e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane1

Solid State Member
hi guys,
i have one of those intel 82810e chipset drivers, which are by todays standards, rubbish.

i was wondering as i can't afford a new tower is it possible to inset a graphics card, or something similar into a slot... it has two open white slots, one small brown slot, and another larger brown slot, the brown one next to the large one has a card in it, as does one above the white( an ethernet card i believe).

If this is possible which slot would it go into, how would i go about disabling the intel one, which card should i go for, im looking for 32 bit + graphics...although depending on price i'd like more

btw i live in the UK if it makes any difference
Thanks in advance
Shane :D

The white slots are called PCI slots. The large brown slot, probably at the bottom of your motherboard is called an ISA slot, and should be slightly longer than the white slots. The card in it would more than likely be a soundcard. Not sure about the small brown one. Sounds to me like one of those modem riser slots. Check on the motherboard, next to the brown slots if you can see if it says AGP anywhere. If not, then the only thing you can do about graphics is buy a PCI graphics card. What CPU do you have?

hi, thanks for the reply, CPU............. all i know about the PC is that its a Time 800 mhz, with 256 mb of RAM and a 30 gig hard drive, if its any help i have a 235 W power output unit, i have read previous post which mentioned this.

Is the brown slot above the white (pci) slots and back a little bit from them? if it is then that's an agp slot. Run cpu-z that will tell you what model number board you have then we can look it up.

Here's a quick one to help you tell

d4521005rn7ff.jpg

If you have a really small brown connector that's for a modem I think its called cn12 connector.

wow im overwhelmed by the help thanks

ok my mistake the large brown slots are actually black and much longer than the PCI slots making them ISA i believe.

btw Cpu-z has crashed my computer twice.

Thank you all, can anyone recommed a good PCI card, is PCI-e any different to PCI...... do i need different slots etc?

You have to have a pci x slot to use a pci X card, so that's out of the question. Don't be surpriced if you don't see a major difference in performance if you go to pci, because that intel onboard is actually AGP its not very good agp but the bus speeds for the IGP is faster then the bus speed for any pci slot. Why not find a board with an agp slot and swap it out then buy a decent 128mb agp card and your all set

are you sure you dont have an agp slot :(

oh well, you will need pci then, not pci x or pci e as these are diferent slots.
You can disable the onboard graphics in CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom