Laptop VS Desktop? Apple VS Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac = lame

laptops are sweet but not for a main comp unless you have mega $$, i'm writing from a laptop right now, nothing like lazin in bed with you laptop :drool:

But seriously if you're talking gaming then you want a custom desktop Windows setup fullstop.

MrCoffee said:
mac = lame
If that doesn't take the cake for today's "Wow, I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about!" award.

If you're gonna make a comment like that, please make sure that it is informed and well supported.

Anyways, if you are serious about multimedia, then I very highly recommend the Mac, especially the iMac and MacBookPro.

Please..

0239.jpg

Macs are extremely underrated.

Anyway, I would search around Dell.com or look for their ad flyers in their page.

you can get a very decent computer $500-1000 to do the stuff you want to do.

Any computer above $700 you'd be better off having built custom. At those prices you get more bang for your buck if it is custom built as opposed to dell/Hp/Gateway. Anything under $700 Pre built is probably better because they buy in bulk they get parts way cheaper and pass the savings on to the consumer. But those systems usually dont have a very long life.

Pre-built systems ARE cheaper. But they really lack upgradability. And parts are usually much lower-quality than you'd like them to be.
You're absolutely better off building one yourself, or getting someone to build one for you.

I would say get an intel mac, and then load boot camp. This will allow you to natively run both OSX and Windows XP, making your computer ultra versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom