Now a good time to build a high performance pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
g8's wont come out till vista is out.. and vista is due in the beginning of 2007.. so you'll wait till then to get the g8

G80 is July, Static.

True the DX10 won't be of use until Vista, but the G80s are still very powerful cards in their own respest. Stronger than the 7900GTX/X1900XTX.

i thought the g80's are going to be DX10 and DX10 only... and since windows xp wont support DX10, then they would have to wait to release the new cards when vista is out..

The cards themselves will work with Windows XP (DX9), but they won't be able to use their DX10 capabilities until Vista. I can see why you got confused.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys, thanks to you I've decided to wait til AM2 is released. The main reason being if it's NOT a significant speed increase, the non-am2 processors will still drop considerably in price right? Sounds like a winning situation :D.

Emper0r said:
Thanks a lot for all the help guys, thanks to you I've decided to wait til AM2 is released. The main reason being if it's NOT a significant speed increase, the non-am2 processors will still drop considerably in price right? Sounds like a winning situation :D.
Yes it is promising. By the AM2 launch, the G80 prices should have dropped as well. Of course, by this time in 07, I'm sure more technology will be around the corner and peolpe will be telling you to wait again... who knows.

after conroe and AM2 are released, there is no reason to wait any longer in terms of CPU... some people might still tell you to wait in terms of video card... as the ATI R600 will be "just around the corner" after G80 is released. it is said that it will be a beast and probably tear the G80 to shreads (concerning DX10).. BUT.. it would be too much of a wait as it will probably be released around vista.. which will probably be early 2007... soo wait till conroe/am2/g80 are released then its a good time to make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom