Cpu temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis18

Banned
I have this exact Heatsink.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/7700_cu_f_p.jpg

When I'm playing Counterstrike 1.6 with 130 fps constant, My cpu is at 53 degrees celcius. Im pretty sure this is high for such a non high graphic game... Should I get a new cpu fan? If so, What would be the best? I don't want to spend a bucket load of money on a water cooling.. Unless I got it for the right price, but I know nothing about them either. Suggestions would help me. By the way : the voltage on my cpu is on DEFAULT : 1.36v Standard 2.0 ghz for my 3800 dual core.

Zalman

I've heard and read only good things about the Zalman copper coolers. Planning on getting one for my Pentium D.

Would you buy a car made in mexico ?
So why buy a cooler made in the mexico of asia -> KOREA ?
The cooler is probably junk....like almost everything korean made.

If you want to move slowly to liquid cooling, try a heatpiped radiator.....
Take a look at the ASUS StarICE.....
Also, you may want to buy an extra 80mm fan to screw onto the back of the wind tunnel, so it actually suck out exhaust....
The ASUS StarICE plus...or special edition or whatever comes with the extra fan......
I was confused with this fan.....the thermal paste is actually taped inside the box......so if it doesnt fall out....look inside...or look throught the papers....its in a sugar packet type pouch.....
The Star ICE does come with thermal paste....

It works great on my old p4 server.......
You will have to take apart your motherboard, remove it, to attach the underneath mounting clamp.....thats the only downside....but it works like a charm.....

What you should do is not use developer 1 in cs, and just stick with 100fps.

Do yourself a favor and stop straining your graphics card and type developer 0 in console. It's called devloper for a reason, it's for the people who developed the game... Anywho, that will put less strain on your gfx card, and your temperature should go down a lot.

If for some reason you're not convinced that developer 1 is a horrible thing, go to www.gotfrag.com or www.team3d.net or www.complexityclan.com and make a thread about it there asking about it.

And btw, there's really no difference between 100fps and 130.. so just go with 100 and save your gfx card.

there is a difference between 100 and 130 lol. thats not thats causing my temp to boost for 30 fps...

this is odd.. when i reboot my computer to look in my bios to see my cpu temp it shows it at like 40 degree celcius, when i use everest it says its at 28-30, is this common or no?

shdwsclan said:
Would you buy a car made in mexico ?
So why buy a cooler made in the mexico of asia -> KOREA ?
The cooler is probably junk....like almost everything korean made.

your kidding me right? Zalman heatsink fans are some of the best around.....

what is he on about :/. korea is one of the world leaders in computer tech. no other country has more gamers die of exhaustion just to prove how dedicated they are to computing. my guess is either the temp reading is innacurate, your case airflow is poor, the HSF has not been installed correctly or you have a very hot room. it shouldn't even reach those temps on the stock cooler under full load.

well everest ultimate is telling me im at 24 degrees celcius... and speed fan as well, so i think my bios is incorrect? i want to overclock my cpu so bad but i need help lol =\

ok ive been reading wrong, and my bios temp is bogus. my idle temp is 24 degrees celcius. and my load is 41 degrees celcius, i would apperciate anyone telling me how to overclock my cpu, i put my vcore to 1.425 volts and my speed to 2.3 ghz and ig ot the blue screen of death when windows was loading.. any help would be great. everytime i read your sig nitestick, im like ******* i want to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom