HOw to terminate the scandisk programme at the start-up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafLeaves

Baseband Member
my operating system is windows 98. my issues is how to terminate the scandisk programme when my system start up,although my operating system has some errors.when my system has some errors ,i em enjoying using Norton Disk Doctor software.
I prefer to skip the 98 scandisk programme running at start-up,alought my machine is abnormality shutdown.and then i use the tools Norton Disk Doctor to completely scan my operating system.
PLease do me a favor.
at chich file ,at which folder ,i can terminate the programmer running.

no.maybe you make mistakes ,my friend.THe scandisk programme is a system programme.it not put in the start menu.i am sure it.
special illuminate,when i abnormality shut down the computer.reboot the computer,the candisk programme will automate run.at a matter of fact,it is so .

Help me understand. Do you mean that it happens during bootup? If so, have you checked the BIOS?

I don't know about Win98 but I know that in WinME there was a tab in msconfig that allowed you to select weather you wanted to start ScanDisk in the event of an improper shutdown. Go to msconfig and look in each of the sections for it.

i am trying to do the tab of the file---msconfig.exe.
i try to check in each of the sections for it.

maverick_teck, my friend,do you know chinese words?why do you search for a chinese website web to give me?

maverick_teck friend.the website you give me still cant settle my questions and issues.anyway,i thanks your ardour for helping me.really thanks.

It's not all that complicated ..it's pretty simple ...

In the root drive of ur system ..there's a file called Msdos.sys
Open that file in notepad (note ..u'll hafta change it's attributes before n' after editing the file)

U'll find a line called autoscan=1
if u change it to autoscan=0 ... Then it will alwayz scan
if u change it to autoscan=2 ...then it will never scan

or it's just the other way round .. Just try it out ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom