Is This Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Thanks to the ones who replied in my first thread. That helped me a lot when it comes to choosing the right components and the right TIME. :p

Now I have a sure budget of $300, is this setup good for me?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8 Ghz - $133
MSI K8NNeo-4 NForce4 PCI-E Motherboard - $90
Dynamo PSU 400 Watts 24pin - $ 33
Inno3D GeForce 6200 Turbocache 64Mb - $46
TOTAL : $302

I know my video card may suck but at least Im not using the integrated graphics and consume my memory. :p Does this setup enable me to upgrade to an Opteron or X2 in later months? And also I will be able to upgrade to a much high end video card rather that stick to my AGP8X right?

This will replace my current setup in my signature below. Well I'll still use my 768 MB DDR33 of RAM and the 40Gb HD.

Want to know your feedbacks. Thanks

a huh........well.........the only problem i can think of is the PSU, try to go with a reliable brand.........if ur PSU is a dud........ur whole computer will die.

Well that Dynamo is the well-known brand here and many here especially shop owners which is also my friends use it. I also have a friend who have an AMD setup and using a Dynamo 500watts power supply for almost 2 years and still in good working condition that's why I chose it and I think it's ok. I already experienced using a generic PSU and the **** it ruined my previous PC. This brand is already best for here. So no prob :p

Anymore feedbacks for my setup? Is it nice already?

By the way this is the games I like and somehow may determine what type of gamer am I?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (i wanna play it at super max details)
GTA: San Andreas
Warcraft 3, Warcraft FT and DOTA
Need For Speed
Sims 2

As you see, those games do not require that huge resources isn't it? Am I right? So if I were to upgrade from AMD athlon 64 3000+, is Opteron better or X2? And of course, the one that matters me most, price. :) And what model should I look into If i were to choose between Opteron and X2?

Well If you have A PCI-E motherboard like the one you listen then your all set to go graphics upgradiblilty wise....

Chuck that PSU....No point in upgrading your graphics card later when your psu cant supply enough power to it..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148027

Try that...little more exspensive, lot more watts, better brand:)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130003

That video card might suit you better...dont quote me on that one Im not sure....

positive about PSU, 70% sure about VGA..

Well If you were to chose between an opteron and X2 I doubt you could get an X2 with your budget...

A single core Opteron would be nice :)

well i doubt u'll be able to get those games running on high settings, MAYBE medium will run smoothly.

Ah ok. Now I think many of you agree with my setup except for my PSU. How many watts do I need to support a high end video card when I upgrade? 450W or 500W?

i have a 550 with this my 7800gt, x2 3800+, 4 harddrives and 2 optical drives and it works great

the athlon 64 3000+ is what got the most frames per second per dollar on anandtech :-D

hey uhh, two questions

1. what about ram and harddrives?

2. is that video card agp 8x like you said? it will not work in a pci-e motherboard

Well I still gonna use my current 768Mb DDR333 and 40GB IDE Maxtor 5400RPM. I shall upgrade both after my processor and mobo.

The Inno3D GeForce 6200 64Mb TurboCache is in the PCI-E it is stated in PC Express Phil. :p So no worries. At least I can upgrade in the future one-by-one starting from the video. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom