nVidia GeForce 8 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
efd753 said:
ypu guys are goona have such amazing cards with Dx 10! with nothing to use it on!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! waste of money. vista is goona be like windows xp was when it came out. Nothing was supported on xp. So i say wait then upgrade. at leasr until u can upgrade all your hardware to Vista drivers.

The thing about these g80's with the new DX10 features is they will absolutley eat up and spit out games like oblivion and UT2007, then you get other awsome games coming out like Crysis which you wont be able to play without a DX10 card. I'm just going to buy a 6800 for now then jump on the G80 bandwagon.

its all speculation, ms doesnt have a solid release date and neither does nvidia

the fact is this:

nvidia and vista will be backwards compatible to dx9 for a LONGGGG time, ATI always throws in jargon like "true dx10 support" to try and trick people into buying into their unoriginal ideas. vista will end up being windows xp all over again, and the old people will turn the graphics down and not care about directx.

no one knows anything other than these three facts:

the g80 is the next generation gpu from nvidia, coming out *some time* in the future

vist is the next generation operating system from microsoft, coming out *some time* in the future

directx 10 is the next version of directX, coming out *some time* in the future

that is all.

p.s. OpenGL FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Vista is backwards compatible with DX9, right, but DX10 is not backwards compatible with anything. You need DX10 to play DX10 games, and you need Vista for DX10.

""backwardly compatible" is a funny word. In reality, DirectX9 isn't backwardly compatible with DirectX 8. It's just so happen that DirectX 9 also ships with DirectX 8 allowing games written for DirectX 8 to work with 9. DirectX 10 will ship along with DirectX 9, just not on the same DLL. It's no big thing. "

Found this quote here talking about DX10 backward compatibility: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=141549

Jesus ****ing Christ ppl, there are NUMEROUS threads w/ all this info and MORE to be learned if you JUST SEARCH!!! G80 comes out w/ DX10 support, DX10 wont come out till AFTER Vista is released, Vista will come out (supposedly) in Jan or Feb 2007. End of story.

AnthraX said:
DirectX 10 will ship along with DirectX 9, just not on the same DLL.

No. DX10 will be totally seperate from DX9. DX10 won't work on XP because it requires various Vista subsystems to work. And DX9 won't work with DX10 games at all.

Green Radience said:
And DX9 won't work with DX10 games at all.

I remember hearing this about DX8, when DX9 was coming out. I find that very hard to believe because it would be a very stupid move by the computer industry. I can see them restricting DX8 cards from working with DX10 made games, but not DX9. There are a lot of people who have spent a lot of money on DX9 cards, and are not going to be spending more money on a DX10 card.

If DX10 ends up not being backwards compatible, so be it. I'll have my new machine with DX10 video card by the time Vista is out anyway.

right thats why i can set my half life 2 to have dx9 effects (light bending light and ****, heat waves and all that good water effects) off and have only dx8 effects

thats right people! dx10 games will not be backwards compatible! theyre going to limit their sales to the rich people who have windows vista and a geforce 8 series card or the ati equivalent.

no way in **** they're going to let those cheap *******s with 7800gt's play their games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom