Takin the opty up a notch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alrighty, so i got my opty 146 at 2.6 ghz right now, and i'm ready to take it up to 2.8 after seeing my 146 stayed stable for 18 hours using 100 %... now i've tried in the past for 2.8 with my ram overclocked and underclocked (divided) .... but no good, get no boot up... guessing i may need to up voltage on the opteron. whats a safe voltage to take that too... and running 1:1 would be... ddr 560 correct? or 280 mhz?

You could give the Opteron up to 1.575V absolute max for 24/7 use. I wouldn't push it that far. Id go with WTK PRO and keep it at around 1.5-1.55V.

ditto
1.55 is the highest i would go on air.

good advice, exactly the figure i had in my head. on an opteron you may have to increase vcore a fair bit to get it stable but after that small increments should be fine. opterons have a tendency to go a very long way on stock voltage and then hit a wall that requires a large ramp in voltage and after that small increments will do

What's wrong with a large vcore increase as opposed to temperature?

.....I mean if the vcore is high but temps are ok then what else should I be looking at?

watch the vcore... dont think oh since my temps low i cant fry it.. wrong.. my cousins done it before.. i cant stress it enough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom