System build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callan

Baseband Member
Hi, ive been debating these specs for a new system and wondering if you knowledgable people could have a look at it for me.

Anywho the specs are:

Case:
Antec NSK6500 Black Steel Super Mid Tower Case - Silver Bezel - 430W PSU

Motherboard:
DFI NF4 Ultra Infinity S939 PCI-Express GbLAN IEEE 1394

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor "SAN DIEGO" Socket 939 Retail BOX

Memory:
MUSHKIN PC3200 EM 1GB Kit (2x512Mb) DDR400, 1024Mb, 991460 Enhanced Memory Performance & Frostbyte Heatspreader Technology

Hard disk:
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD - 80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive - 8.9ms, 8MB Cache

Graphics:
Asus NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Extreme 256MB PCI-Express Graphics Card - EN6600GT-HTD-256

Wireless network card:
Netgear WG311 54 Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter

Optical drive 1:
LG GDR-8164BBK 16x DVD-ROM Drive - Black OEM

Optical drive 2:
LG GSA-4167BBK Internal SuperMulti Drive - Black OEM

Floppy disk:
Sony BLACK Bezel 1.44 MB FDD Drive to suit all Black Case

Monitor:
Viewsonic VA702B 17" 12ms Black TFT LCD 1280x1024 D-Sub

Speakers:
Logitech R-20 2.1 Total 20Watts RMS, Ported Subwoofer

This comes to around AU$1500 (my modest budget) and want it to play some games on the weekend and do homework. Please tell me what you think.

I dont think you should get that DFI board, if you want one in that price range, get the MSI K8N Neo4 board. Its seems like a midrange build, have fun!

Cool, thanks alot i shall have a look at that board. Anymore suggestions just fire away (not at me).

are those dual layer dvd burners?

heh the DL will come in handy for copying DVDs (ALL LEGALLY OF COURSE :p) when the dual layer dvd+rs get cheapers

i have two dual layer dvd burners.

of course you could always just shrink them but the quality is p!ss poor

Yes one is dual layer, but the other is read-only (i like having two). And what did the last senetence mean?

movies are on dual layer dvds

dvdshrink, or if you use linux, k9copy can shrink the content to fit on a single layer dvd. just that the quality isnt very good.

Oh i see, ok then. i'm changing the video card to a sapphire X1600PRO, it looks ok (spec wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom