gpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
whats an acceptable temp for a nvidia geforce 6600gt graphics card. mine is reaching 85c under load and i don't know how to drop the temp. i don't have any room for more fans. any suggestions

i don't know too much about this stuff and i'm trying to keep my kid from burning up ! is the vga cooler the fan thats on the grahpics card and can they be changed? thanks

all i know is that 85c is way too hot. you need to not let it get above 60. 60 is pushing it. im suprised you still have a card to speak of. if you really need to run it that high, get some phase change cooling lol.

lol phase changing cooling is too pricey its like a grand. Yeah you can just change the fan on the gfx card with a new one.

85C on a 6600GT is not hot but it is hot then other cards.

Try to clear all the dusts and clear the wires. If you want you can take off the heatsink blow some compressed air into it, and apply some AS5 onto the GPU

Yea 85*C isn't waaaaaaaaay too hot. It's getting there but your card can still handle it. Do what PZEROFGH said, maybe get a case fan or two. Manage the wires so that you get better airflow and if the card is blowing onto another one, see if you can move the card thats constricting the 6600GT's airflow.

the card will operate fine at that temp, but its always nice to get it down maybe 20 degrees. shouldnt be a prob with a little tidying up and maybe an aftermarket cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom