Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
well infact when i had the small 80mm fan on there the exhaust heat was a little warmer than having this 120mm fan. its helped a little keeping the cpu a little cooler aswell. 2 degrees at the most.

Between the case frame and the outside pannel, on the motherboard side of the case is where I ran all of my wires to hide them out of sight, and I found it to work greater than than I expected.

i know this thread is pretty old now, but i finally got pictures of my dell,so i thought to "heck" with it, i will just bung them up. (bear in mind that it is as tidy as i can get it, it being a dell)

dscf00013iv.jpg

side shot

dscf00054st.jpg

shot of the X800GTO, that i added.

dscf00108qi.jpg

shot of CPU heatink, with 120mmCPU/intake fan at the front of the case, (BTX)

dscf00227pl.jpg

same shot, in the dark.

dscf00147ed.jpg

the X800GTO and a case fan on the back.

Yes, it is messy. The one good thing about the huge plastic duct thing over the heatsink is that it keeps the airflow space free of cabes.

EDIT: it is a bit dusty though. it is hard to clean computers out with a bike pump. i will have to wait untill i have more canned air. for most of the clean, i just stuck my head in, and blew. i now have a very sore throat, and am sneezing... :(

Well, thats got to be the strangest computer ive ever seen.

But you could do a lot better wire managment if you tryed hard enough, **** if you wanted, you could add length to your wires, sleeve them and hide them better!

WARNING!: Before you do that or any other modifications to your Dell PC. Modding your Dell PC Voids the Warenty and leaves you on your own next time is break, bugs, etc. Please do not do this unless your willing to loose your warenty

I have just contacted dell, and they me that it uses a standard ATX PSU. This means I can replace it with one that has longer cables etc, hopefully making it all much tidier. What is strange about it? Just because it is BTX? The duct nonsense is quite weird, but it is much better since I added the x800gto, the 2 80mms at the back, the 4" cathodes at the front, and the PCI exhaust at the bottom.

i also like the way that the gfx card is the right way up.

EDIT: NOGA, what could i do to the wires there, without lengthening them? that is the problem really, the length...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom