Computer freezing at will HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar ismyhero

Solid State Member
ok so today i noticed that my fans in my computer werent werking, so i immediately turn off my computer. I got the fans working and When i turn it back on i can't run most programs without it freezing completly.
I tried Warcraft 3 and even poker programs and they just freeze right when i try to get into it. Also when I go to start and try to get to system restore from acessories it also freezes. Can someone help me out and tell me what you think the problem is and how to solve it. Thanks a lot.

i dunno, im not very good with computer hardware, its my brothers comp but its 2 fans right below the power supply and he also has water cooling. the water cooling was werking but not the 2 fans under the power supply. all other fans were werking.

also when i try to system restore through safe mode i get all the way rebooted into normal mode and then when i click done it freezes so i can use system restore through safe mode either.

ok check to see if the thermalpaste on your cpu has evaporated or not. thermalpaste is the glue inbetween the top of ur cpu and the cpu fan.

hmm i cant seem to find my cpu. Im not sure what it looks like but there is a water cooling glass thing that transports the water, would it be under that? also i can find my ram so where would the cpu be in relation to the RAM? thanks.

omar ismyhero said:
hmm i cant seem to find my cpu. Im not sure what it looks like but there is a water cooling glass thing that transports the water, would it be under that? also i can find my ram so where would the cpu be in relation to the RAM? thanks.

well, based on my experience, the RAM is always in the top right corner of the motherboard, and the CPU is to the left of the RAM. your CPU isn't visible just by looking at a comp, there will either be a heatsink or fan directly above it. so yes, it's under the "cooling glass thing that transports the water."
remove the cooling glass (it's probably being held down by either 4 pins or 4 screws. once the cpu is visible (it looks like a square), check to see if there is anything that looks like glue on it. if there isn't, go to a computer store and buy thermalpaste and apply.

CAUTION: don't smear your hand all over the cpu, try not to make the pins on the bottom of the cpu touch anything, don't place it around moisture (a.k.a around your mouth).

thx, also im not completely sure its a hardware issue so i think my best bet would to just reformat if that doesnt werk. also if i do reformat is do i have to do anything to save the files on my secondary hardrive?

if u can't even find where is u'r microprocessor, its better to get an expert for help.

pcblue said:
if u can't even find where is u'r microprocessor, its better to get an expert for help.

be nice, everyone has to start learning sometime. if you take it to someone, you'll never learn, you'll just become their ***** and end up taking it to them to change a background.

omar, my good man, if you want so save files, just copy them from your primary (master) HDD to a secondary(slave) HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom