New Yonah OC results

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you guys....... I have the budget to buy a really neat PC As the technologies now with a Pentium D 940 Chip....... but I am not in rush to buy anything.. so wondering... should I wait for the Conroe? Even if I do wait I can only affored the E6600 one.. [2.4GHz]

Most of my 'problem' with the Conroes are their low Clock speed [GHz], any one mind explaining to me why they are so low compared to the old Intels? I'm not a hardware pro, but it seems.. weird ...

Yoad said:
so you guys....... I have the budget to buy a really neat PC As the technologies now with a Pentium D 940 Chip....... but I am not in rush to buy anything.. so wondering... should I wait for the Conroe? Even if I do wait I can only affored the E6600 one.. [2.4GHz]

Most of my 'problem' with the Conroes are their low Clock speed [GHz], any one mind explaining to me why they are so low compared to the old Intels? I'm not a hardware pro, but it seems.. weird ...
I would wait. Not to get into all the technical aspects of it, but Conroe is much more efficient clock for clock compared to current Netburst Intel chips.

Just as an example, look at how A64/X2 chips clocked in the 2Ghz range compete with P4/D chips clocked much higher.

The chip you mentioned, the 6600, should be a fantastic buy, and the one I am planning on getting. At 2.4Ghz, just stock it should be close to a current FX-60. If they OC like I hope they will, 3Ghz should be attainable on air, which would be a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom