Miscalcuated Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
I backed up some files approximating 400 MB from a CDRW disk to my hard disk. I reformatted the CDRW disk, put back the files in it, and deleted all the backup files from the hard disk. Before, the free space on my hard drive was estimated 1.06 GB but now it is just 738 MB. I emptied the TEMP folder and the recycle bin, defragmented my hard drive, performed through disk scan, and restarted my computer yet nothing worked. I use WinME and a hard disk with a capacity of 4 GB.

What should I do?

Are you using Norton 2003 or higher?

If so, right-click on the recycle bin and click Delete Norton Protected files.

-Mike

i think he meant specifically norton anti-virus which comes with the feature to double protect your recycle bin. if you have that purge all. do a windows key+F search and search for the files you copied to the hard disk. specify file types and a minimum file size. when you get the results click the date or modify tab to sort by lastest date/time.

example lets say you had an executable of 45MB. search with the following criteria:

type: EXE
date: within 1 week
minimum size: 40MB

where ever folder this file is located in is where the rest of them are.

i am sure it does, what don't you read your manual for NAV2002. right click your recycle bin and select "empty norton protected files". i think you might have to delete something first since you already emptied your recycle bin.

i dont read my softwares' manuals if they are easy to use. probably you are talking about Norton System Works. if you are then you could have installed the Norton Utilities that includes the file protection feature. in my case i only use NAV2002. anyway, i notice that everytime i restart my PC my disk's free space increases.

tnx 4 yur advises:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom