Building a completely new comp (help, suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i do.. the opty will overclock like a dream and people can get them to 2.8 ghz with air cooling... just gotta make sure your ram will keep up with it

yeah... but since they have like 100,000 hours of life... it only cuts back a year or two... thats like 10 years.. and im sure you'll upgrade again by then lol

how bout u dont get a SLI board, cause SLI and Xfire is a complete waste of money. just get a MSI K8n Neo4-F or a DFI Lanparty Ut Ultra-D, and since ur on a budget get the MSI. as for GPu get the 7900GT, for now ( first its cheaper than the 7800GT, and its way better). then when the G80s comes out get one of those. For CPU definitely get the Opteron 165 ( read about overclocking until you are comfortable with it, dun wry first few reads u get nervous like me, now i cant wait). as for Ram get G.Skill, or OCZ PC4000 DDR500 Dual channel 2GB ram.

then what mobo?

And aye I understand what changed, but I dont know why she said that and why you agreed. You had a different opinion before. Wont everyone be using dual video cards in the future?

no.. its optional and mostly pointless... 200% more money, 40% increase in performance...

what is your budget for the mobo now?

Like 120..

and say if I were to not overclock, would the processor I originally picked be a better go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom